Java Engineer – Product & Business Features
What is Reloyalty?
An automated and personalised loyalty platform on top of card payments
Why we do it?
Life is lived in cities, yet cities are static. While our social relationships are dynamic and personal our commercial relationships are one size fits all.
At Reloyalty we believe that every customer purchase should account our individual loyalty to the places we love and be rewarded accordingly. We are building a loyalty computation engine on top of our every day transactions to make lives in cities more engaging, personal and giving more value for the lifestyle we have.
The way we experience cities can change completely.
How we do it?
Reloyalty personalises every purchase in the city, by building a loyalty engine on top of payments.
We allow consumer to connect bank cards to our mobile application via the APIs of the new Open Banking / PSD2 Standard in Europe. Reloyalty analyses every transaction and allows merchants to set personal loyalty campaigns based on individual clients’ behaviour. Reloyalty is building a connected citywide reward system on top of financial infrastructure. We start with cashback rewards and gradually expand to a whole range of services.
We open the UK market in a partnership with one of the most innovative mobile banks and gradually open other European markets and bank partnerships.
- A core team software engineer – architecting and building various growth and business technologies such as referral engine, loyalty decision engine, work flows for onboarding customers, customer dashboard, metrics and BI capability among other fun things.
- A hacker able to both ship code fast and build quality software for the long term.
- A system thinker able to see how a product evolves and to execute towards it.
- Develop and enrich a technology stack you are proud of.
- Shape a philosophy on how a great product should be built.
- Set the tone for a world class development culture and principles.
- Be able to adapt quickly to changing environment and deliver results when needed.
- Find ways to hit deadlines no matter what.
- Produce high quality work on daily basis.
- Genuine curiosity and ambition to build new things at scale and be bold to explore new territories in technology and system design.
- Constantly learn and develop new insights and world views.
- Interested/have worked in a fast paced startup environment.
- Strive to work with people who can challenge you
- Enjoy working in diverse groups with various insights.
- High integrity and morals you stand behind and are not shy to defend.
- Strong (5 years) experience in software and product development (Java)
- Experience/fondness to financial technologies (An advantage)
- Some understanding of algorithms, data analysis (AI, neural networks,etc) (Big plus)
- Interest/experience in game theory, behaviour economics or psychology (Another plus)
- High level of ownership and responsibility to grow as the engineer you want to become.
- Key part of the company’s technology directions, decisions and challenges.
- Have influence on the culture, organisation and system you always wanted to be part of.
- Work side by side with a team of senior engineers to learn from and challenge yourself to develop new skills and grow professionally.
- Work together with the cofounders to grow the company, while you learn constantly, grow personally and expand your skills and network.
- Culture based on merit and character, not titles and hierarchy.
- Get shares early in a company with high growth and potential.
- Among the first 10 members in a uniquely positioned revolutionary fintech product on the intersection of financial technology, game theory, behaviour economics and consumer lifestyle.
- Be amongst the first few with whom we build together our company, our team and our culture.
Technologies we use
Reloyalty comprises of multiple backend components built using newest Java and Spring Framework features and distributed as Spring Boot jars. We are on AWS – our VMs are Amazon Linux ec2 instances, our database is RDS MySQL. We use Angular 6 for our web front-end components and Java Android SDK and Swift for the mobile solutions. Our APIs are RESTful, but we authorise/authenticate utilising JWTs. We manage our code through Git in Bitbucket and Jenkins CI installed on an ec2 instance.
What drives us?
Our team is determined to build a product that millions of people love and use every day and we look for a java engineer to take a leading role in the journey.
Joining our team, you will have a forefront role of building product in the intersection of open finance, new customer journeys and data models.
Meet our founders
Our supporting investors
[contact-form-7 id=”485″ title=”Senior Software Engineer”]